Garden of the Farm of Yore : During your visit to the ecomuseum of The Farm of Yore (Jardin de la Ferme d'Antan), you can discover this garden of ancient cultures, where forgotten vegetables mingle that made up the base of the diet of the 1920s, but also cereals and grasses, fodder plants for animals, as well as medicinal herbs that the farmers of those times used as remedies.
Several essences of wood or small bushes that can be found in the vicinity, in the forest of La Hunaudaye, such as the purple moor grass or the buckthorn, they were used in former times for the fabrication of baskets and containers.
A space ”nature and relaxation” about ancient know-hows.
Created in : 2010
Surface : 150 m2
- Opening 2023 :
- Sunday April 9, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.: opening of the season and Leisure Day in the 22
- Spring holidays from April 10 to May 8, Tuesday to Sunday, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Entertainment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- May, Sundays and public holidays, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday May 21, from 2 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. Fête de la Bretagne.
- June: Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays and public holidays: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday June 4, meeting in the gardens / Sunday June 25: Country and Mill Heritage Day
- July/August: Tuesday to Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday and Sundays and public holidays: from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Family entertainment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Sunday August 6: Wood Festival in the village of yesteryear
- September: Tuesday to Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. September 16 and 17: European Heritage Days
- Sunday October 15, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. ”Hot, Chestnuts” party. Animations, demonstrations of know-how, vegetable decorations of the village. Mushroom hike.
- All Saints holidays, from Oct 24 to Nov 4, Tuesday to Saturday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Family entertainment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Visits :
Guided visits with previous booking , Duration of a guided visit : 1h30mn, Minimal number of persons for a guided visit : 10 .
Access partially adapted for disabled persons.
Site map provided.
- Charges :
Adult: 6.50 euros; Child (from 4 to 12 years old): 4.00 euros; Reduced: 4.00 euros. Family Pass: (2 adults + 3 children): 22 euros
Adult groups rate: Heritage tour: 6 euros / pers or Know-how activities: 8 E.
- Services :
Shop, Picnic area, Public lavatory, Marriage photos, Shooting of films, Wi-Fi Access, Children's workshops, Practical training courses , Pedagogical presentations, Lawns for sunbathing, Dog admitted if kept on a lead, Carpark arranged, Camping car site, Museum visit, Exhibition visitation, Collections.
From November to February, introductory courses in traditional basketry, wild basketry, and the making of living wicker hedges, knife sharpening, apple tree pruning and grafting. Open to everyone from 16 years old on registration.
- Access :
On RN 12 Rennes / Brest :
take the RN 176 interchange towards Dinan
on the RN 176 take the Plédéliac exit, Jugon les Lacs
Take direction St Igneuc, then at St Igneuc, follow for 8 km Château de la Hunaudaye.
From Dinan by the RN 176
Take the Plédéliac and Jugon les Lacs exit, take the direction of St Igneuc. Then at St Igneuc, follow for 8 KM towards the Château de la Hunaudais.
GPS (Lat x Long) : 48.457500000, -2.355300000