The Garden Serre de la Madone : Created since 1924 per Lawrence Johnston, Serre de la Madone - located at the heart of valley of Gorbio - represents a garden of reference for botany and landscape architecture.
With its rare plants imported of the whole world and arranged carefully between basins, fountains, statues and staircases with double volutes,this exotic Eden was saved claws of property developers thanks to the classification Historic building and it is property of the Academy of the Littoral since 1999.
Created in : 1924
- Opening 2022 :
Opened all the year, except November and December :
Every day, except Mondays:
- from 02/01 until 31/03, from 10 am to 5 pm.
- from 01/04 until 31/10, from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Guided tours in French every day to 3 pm.(Tuesdays, Thursdays, Wednesdays, the visits are made by guides lecturers of the town of Menton).
- Guided tours by gardeners : Saturdays and Sundays at 3 pm.
- Guided tours for groups with accompanying notes , in French, English, German and Italian on reservation with the Service of the Inheritance of the Town of Menton (04 89 81 52 70 / email@example.com).
Services: Shop, coolings, carpark, toilets.
- Visits :
Guided visits with previous booking , Duration of a guided visit : 1h30 .
No access for disabled persons.
- Charges :
Adults: 8 Euros.
Children (12-18 years) and students : 4,00 euros.
Free for less than 12 years.
- Services :
Shop, Public lavatory, Cafeteria, Drinking water fountain, Shooting of films, Children's workshops, Pedagogical presentations, Dog not admitted, Carpark arranged, Exhibition visitation.
- Access :
Menton-Carnolès; valley of the Valley Gorbio.
Parking space limited.
The Garden may be reached by bus No. 7 'Azur Parc' (alight at 'Mer et Monts' bus stop, approx. 50 metres from the garden).
GPS (Lat x Long) : 43.774609300, 7.475282000