The Esplanade Garden (9200 m2) takes place on the site of the Citadel's old trenches since they have been filled in 1816. An Universal exibition of plants and flowers was standing here in 1861. In the beginning, the garden was in a landscape style and now has been reshaped in the french style garden. The Esplanade offers a commanding view on the Mont-Saint-Quentin, and leads to Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains Church and the Arsenal auditorium.
Created in : XIXe
Surface : 9200m2