Park and Gardens of the Castle of Le Lude : Halfway between Tours and Le Mans, at the doors of the Anjou region, the park and gardens of Le Lude castle are part of the circuit of the grand Loire castles.
The site is dominating the valley on several terraces going back to the Renaissance and remodeled in 1880 by Edouard André. His signature is visible in the vast regular garden that skirts the Loir, the splendid agricultural park, the romantic park and the kitchen garden that is still in use today.
The whole is enriched by more recent creations such as the Chinese rose garden, planted in 1997 following plans of the landscape architect Augustin d'Ursel and the ”Pousse Promenade”, dedicated to botanical collections.
The party of the gardeners of Le Lude, on the first week end in June, is a yearly event that plant lovers must not miss, Created in : 17ème siècle
Surface : 8 ha