Gardens Of The Dauphin Castle : The present kitchen garden measures 96 ares. It is exposed southwesterly from the castle, and is preserved from the north winds. During the XVIIIth century, it was ornamented with two pools and fountains fed by water, which takes its source a few kilometres farther.
The kitchen garden is a terrace garden made of squares displayed over three levels. The squares arc divided by orthogonal paths. Those terraces are supported by small lava stone walls which play not only a role of support but also a function of thermal regulators. The linear perspective of the garden was specially studied to be seen from the castle which is shifted from the garden axis.
The pleasure garden situated at the feet of the Knight tower was restored in 1996 along with its lawn squares edged with box trees (buxus sempervirens), and its secret garden separated by hedges of yew trees (taxus baccata), with its collection of holly (4 species), and its ancient roses. Then followed the stepping stones that lead to the south west kitchen garden, the edges of box trees, the apple trees (4 different species), the greenhouse, and the arched cover from which one can catch a wonderful sight of the castle.
The garden was listed Historical Monument in 1995. Created in : avant 1581
Surface : 90 ares