Botanical Garden of Avranches : From 1800, two botanists, Jean Le Chevalier & René Le Berriays, responsible for the variety of pears called La Luise-Bonne, gathered over 800 species and approx. 2400 plants (exotic flowers, fruit trees, medecinal plants).
New species were introduced in the garden:
canellias, the rose tree from China, the hydrangea, the magnolia trees and the Malmaison managed to import the first rhododendrons from the island of Java.
In 1842, the Archaelogy Society installed the Romanesque portal of Saint-Georges' chapel in Bouillé.
The end of the 19C and the beginning of the 20C see this garden transform itself into a real botanical garden with the plantation of shrubs, lawns, flower beds.
In May 1944, the garden becomes a conservation area.