The Botanic Garden (5 ha) is the oldest public park in Tours, founded in 1843 by the pharmacist Jean Anthyme Margueron (1771-1848), on the bedof Ste Anne's dtream. It includes an arboretum, the collections by theme (ornemental) and botanical, animal enclosures, hot houses and medicinal garden.
Created in : 1843
Surface : 6 ha
- Opening 2021 :
From 7.45 am to 5.30 pm in winter.
From 7.45 am to 8 pm in summer.
Free or guided visits by appointment.
- Visits :
Guided visits with previous booking , Duration of a guided visit : 1h30mn, Minimal number of persons for a guided visit : 5 .
Access adapted for disabled persons.
- Charges :
No charge, free entrance.
- Services :
Picnic area, Public lavatory, Refreshment stall and sweet shop, Tearoom, Fastfood-Restaurant, Drinking water fountain, Saloons to let, Receptions, Lectures, Cocktails, Concerts, Marriage photos, Shooting of films, Children's playground, Swings, Workshops garden, Pedagogical presentations, Dog admitted if kept on a lead, Exhibition visitation, Collections.
- Access :
GPS (Lat x Long) : 47.387556000, 0.667006000